The domain name system (DNS) is the way that Internet domain names are located and translated into internet protocol (IP) addresses. The domain name system maps the name people use to locate a website to the IP address that a computer uses to locate a website. For example, if someone types pagevamp.com into a web browser, a server behind the scenes will map that name to the IP address 18.104.22.168.
The most widely used DNS record types, and their purpose are as follows:
- A - specifies IP addresses corresponding to your domain and its subdomains.
- MX - specifies where the emails for your domain should be delivered.
- CNAME - specifies redirects from your domain's subdomains to other domains/subdomains.
- TXT - these records are used to store text-based information related to your domain. One of their most common uses is for SPF data. SPF, or Sender Policy Framework, is an attempt to control forged e-mail.
To manage your client's Domain settings - the Domain needs to be registered through Pagevamp.
Or, if the domain was registered elsewhere, it should have its DNS set as:
You can manage DNS settings for your clients' website from your Reseller Dashboard. Here are the instructions you need to follow:
1. Login to your Reseller account at reseller.pagevamp.com.
2. Click on 'Clients' tab and click on the settings cogwheel of the client for which you want to manage DNS.
3. Click on the Settings icon to the right of your client's domain name.
4. A pop-up will appear that shows you different Records for your client's domain name. You can click the icons under 'Action' to change or remove a Record.
If you are going to change any Record for a domain, make sure you enter new details and update them.
5. To add a Record for a domain name: click on the 'Add Record' icon at top-left.
i. Click on the 'Add Record' icon at top-left.
ii. Select the type of record you want to add.
iii. Fill in all the details. and click 'Add'.